Settings and error messages
In this article:
- I can’t log in
- I have forgotten my password. What should I do?
- What external integrations does Tap to Pay app support?
- I can’t seem to take a screenshot of the app, why is that?
- Does NatWest Tap to Pay block camera use by other apps?
- What does 'Abnormal camera usage' mean?
- Does NatWest Tap to Pay block my microphone while in use?
- What does 'System monitoring failed' mean?
- What does 'Security check failed' mean?
I can’t log in
Please make sure you are entering the correct credentials.
If you are still experiencing trouble logging in, please, try clearing the cache for the app:
- Open the Settings on your device
- Go to Apps menu
- Go to your installed apps
- Find NatWest Tap to Pay and select it
- Go to the Storage tab
- Click on Clear Cache/Storage
- And then try to log in again.
If you're still having difficulty, drop us a line at [email protected]
I have forgotten my password. What should I do?
On the login screen, right under the fields for your credentials, there is a 'Forgot your password?' button. Tap that.
We'll send you an email with a link to reset your password. Check your inbox and follow the instructions in the email.
For more help
- email us at [email protected]
- call 0345 901 0001
What external integrations does Tap to Pay app support?
Currently the NatWest Tap to Pay app does not support any external integrations like accountancy, stock/inventory, but more is planned for the future.
I can’t seem to take a screenshot of the app, why is that?
Taking screengrabs/shots is denied in NatWest Tap to Pay to prevent recording of sensitive customer and cardholder information.
Does NatWest Tap to Pay block camera use by other apps?
Yes, this is to prevent taking photos or video of the card details during the card reading process.
What does 'Abnormal camera usage' mean?
If you have received an ‘abnormal camera usage’ error message in the app, please disable the face recognition or increase the lock timeout on your smartphone. Also make sure there is no other application that tries to use the camera at the same time. You may have also been logged out of the Tap to Pay app by the error message, so will need to log in again using your credentials.
As part of security attestations and to make your payment more secure, regulations mandate us to prevent any other apps on your device that have camera permissions from accessing the camera whilst Tap to Pay app is in use/active. This sometimes conflicts with your other app setups and tends to give such error messages.
Does NatWest Tap to Pay block my microphone while in use?
Yes, this is to prevent recording sensitive cardholder information.
What does 'System monitoring failed' mean?
If you have received a ‘system monitoring failed’ error message in the app, you may need to clear the app data/cache and try to access the app again. This usually happens when there is poor internet connection on your device.
To do this go to Settings > Apps> NatWest Tap to Pay> Storage > Clear cache.
After you have cleared the app data/cache, you will be prompted to enter your username and password when accessing the app.
What does 'Security check failed' mean?
If you have received a ‘security check failed’ error message in the app, there could be a couple of reasons that this has occurred. Please check the following:
- If your device been tempered, hacked or have malicious applications/software on it.
- If your device has Developer options enabled. If so, make sure it’s turned off.
- If your device has NFC adapter.
- If your device is Google certified.
- Current Android OS version and the version of OS that the device has been manufactured with.
- If the Tap to Pay app has been installed from Google Play Store.
- If your device has a stable internet connectivity (either via Wi-Fi or mobile)