What do I do if my activation code doesn’t work?
We'll email you your activation code for your card machine, but if it gets lost on the way, have a look in your spam folder. If it's not there, give us a call on 0345 901 0001 and we'll be able to help.
My card machine is unresponsive
If your card machine appears unresponsive, most of the time this can be resolved by following steps 1 and 2 below.
- First make sure your card machine is not resting in its charging cradle, then hold down the power button for 60 seconds, or until the Clover logo appears
- If the Clover logo appears on screen, release the power button and wait for your card machine to boot up as usual
If the Clover logo does not appear after following the above steps, follow the steps below
- Put the card machine back in its charging cradle and hold down the power button for another 60 seconds, or until the Clover logo appears. If the Clover logo now appears, release the power button and wait for your card machine to boot up as usual
- If the logo it still not appearing, but you can see a battery icon appear instead, leave your card machine in the charging cradle for between 10 and 30 seconds then repeat step 3 again
In the unlikely event that you didn’t see anything appear on screen after following the steps above, try to locate a USB charger (type C; which is the type that is used for most current Android phones) continue with the steps below. If you don’t have access to a USB type C charger, or following the below doesn’t work, please give us a call and we’ll help you with what to do next.
- Remove your card machine from the charging cradle and plug your USB type C charger into the charging point at the back of your card machine
- Press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds. If the Clover logo appears, release the power button and wait for your card machine to boot up
- If the logo does not appear, hold the power button down for a total of two minutes. When the logo appears, release the power button and wait for your card machine to boot up
What should I do if I don't receive my daily settlement?
You should get your daily settlement by the end of the business day, the day after the transactions took place. Occasionally there'll be delays, for example if a customer's raised a dispute or asked for a refund. If your settlement hasn't landed in your account, we're really sorry - give us a call on 0345 901 0001 and choose option 3, then option 2. We'll help you get it sorted asap.
Will my card machine work without receipt roll?
To get you off to a flying start, we’ve included a roll of receipt paper in the box with your card machine for printing out those all-important receipts.
If you’ve got unbranded receipt paper left over from a previous machine or payment provider you can use this with your new Tyl Ingenico or Clover card machine provided its 57 x 38mm in size.
I've forgotten my Virtual Terminal username and/or password
If you've forgotten your password for your Virtual Terminal, don't worry - it's easy to reset it. Just click on the 'forgotten password' link on the Virtual Terminal login page and you'll have a new password in no time. If you've forgotten your username, give us a ring on 0345 901 0001 and we'll be able to help.
I've forgotten my Tyl Portal username and/or password
We can't email you your details for security reasons, but if you've forgotten your login details for the portal it's easy to reset them using the 'forgotten password' link on the portal login screen. If you've forgotten the email address you use to log in, ask the main account owner which one they used. If you're the main account owner, give us a call on 0345 901 0001 and choose option 2 and we'll be able to help.
My card machine is damaged or not working
If your card machine is damaged or just not working, give us a call on 0345 901 0001 (choose option 3, then option 1, then select your card machine).
We'll try and fix it over the phone first, if this doesn't work we'll do whatever it takes to get you a replacement as soon as possible so you can get back up and running.
Will an American Express “AmEx” representative visit my business?
A representative in AmEx branded uniform may visit you shortly after you onboard to take AmEx payments. They will carry an ID badge and they are there to ensure you are enabled to accept AmEx, inform you of promotional campaigns and tools, and offer you free point of purchases materials.
An AmEx representative will not require access to your Tyl terminal(s). If you are unsure regarding the legitimacy of the visit, politely decline and contact the Tyl team on 0345 901 0001.
I need help with my monthly payments
We understand that sometimes circumstances change, and we want to help you in the best way we can. Please give us a call on 0345 901 0001 and choose option 3, then option 5, and we will discuss how we can help. We may be able to set up a payment plan to support you.
Online chat for our existing customers
If you can’t find the answer in our articles, or need more help, you can chat to us online.
We’re open Monday to Saturday 8am to midnight and Sunday 9am to 5pm (bank holidays may vary).
If you have a question about Tyl or want to get a quote, we’re open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (except bank holidays).
To contact us using Text Relay, add 18001 before any of our phone numbers.