Refunding a transaction through PAX
- On your PAX device, open the “Nexo” app.
- Enter the refund passcode - The refund function is protected by a supervisor code. You’ll have received your code (along with your card device activation codes) when you first joined Tyl (“onboarded”). If you don’t have you code, search you email for “Your card machine activation codes – be sure to check your email junk/spam folders, too. If you still can’t locate the passcode, give our helpdesk a call at the number below, and we’ll re-issue your code.
- On the PAX refund screen, select “cardholder present”.
- Using the virtual keypad, enter the amount of the refund.
- Enter the transaction description - Such as “Faulty product”. This description is optional and only for your records, but you can skip this step if you don’t want to add a reference.
- Insert or present (tap) the customer’s card, as instructed on screen - This must be the same card the customer used to purchase the product or service.
- Enter customer’s email address for a receipt - If the customer would like a receipt via email (the PAX A50 does not print receipts), enter the customer’s email address and hit “Confirm”. Once sent, a confirmation page will pop up, press “Done” to close.
- If no receipt is required, you can skip the receipt step by pressing the back arrow on the top left of the screen.
Once the transaction has processed, the screen will display a “Success” message.
And that’s it, you’re done. You can view details regarding your completed refund by logging into the Tyl portal, updated every hour.