Setting up your Ingenico device
Setting up your new Ingenico Move card machine is super straightforward, from brand new in box to taking card payments in 5 easy steps.
The steps to get started are listed in our handy guide found in the box alongside your device. We’ve uploaded a digital version, or see the key steps below to activate your device.
1. Unbox and activate
We’ve emailed you three codes. If you’ve missed them, check your junk folder. Use the 'activation' code to activate your card machine. Keep hold of your ‘supervisor’ and ‘technician’ codes, you’ll need these later.
2. Get connected
Set up your new card machine using the user guide you’ll find in the box. To access things like Wi-Fi, press the button ‘. , '’ on your Ingenico keypad and enter your technician code to access the Technician menu.
What’s a technician passcode?
If you've got an Ingenico card machine, you'll need a technician code to connect up to Wi-Fi. We'll email this to you along with your card machine activation codes.
3. Get to know your card machine
It's really easy to use your Ingenico Move card machine. Check out some of our additional Ingenico articles to learn how to take payments, issue refunds and more. Here’s the basics below:
Your device home screen will have 4 shortcuts:
- Taking payments - take multiple payment types, including over the phone (if you have this set up on your Tyl account).
- Refunds - Refund payments directly onto a card using your supervisor passcode.
- Cancellations - Easily cancel payments using your supervisor passcode.
- Printing receipts - Automatically print receipts, or select to re-print the receipt from the previous transaction.
What’s a supervisor passcode?
If you've got an Ingenico card machine, you'll need a supervisor code to carry out some of your usual daily tasks. We'll email this to you along with your card machine activation codes.
4. Log in to the Tyl portal and explore
This is where you'll see your trading data come to life. And it's a good idea to bookmark the portal, too.
5. Get your PCI done and dusted
We'll send you an email reminder within 10 days so you can make sure you're PCI compliant.