What makes our approach to pricing different? At Tyl, we aim to offer simple pricing based on your individual business needs. In this guide we will explain how our pricing works for all of our customers and how you can get in contact with us if you like the sound of how we do things around here.
How does our pricing work?
Our pricing is made up of a few components: some that will relate to processing your customers’ payment transactions, and others that will relate to the products and services you have selected and that we provide you with, depending on the needs of your business. A typical monthly invoice from Tyl may show the following fees and charges:
- Transaction charges – these are charged as a percentage of the value of each card payment transaction you take and send to us for processing.
- Authorisation fees – these are charged at a flat fee rate per card payment transaction authorisation request received from you.
- Card machine hire fees - we offer a choice of four card machines which are available to our customers for hire, under a 12-month contract. All four of these card machines operate as stand-alone point of sale devices, meaning that you do not need to connect these to your mobile phone or tablet to operate them. If you have a relatively low turnover or temporarily need to take card payments, purchasing a card reader outright in the market may be a more affordable option for your business, although you will still require the use of a mobile phone or tablet to operate it.
- E-commerce gateway fees – we offer this service to our customers who need to take payments online and it’s charged at a flat monthly fee. For more information on this, visit our online payments page.
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance fees – there is a flat monthly fee for using Safe Pay, our PCI-DSS compliance validation service and this is charged per location (including virtual locations if you elect our e-commerce gateway). This service allows you to confirm that your business’ dealing with cardholder data is adequately secured and protected, as is required by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council.
How we try to make our pricing simple
- We quote our transaction charges using a maximum of 6 price categories which are based on grouping similar card types together – other acquirers can use from 16, up to 170 price categories!
- For our smallest customers, we keep it really simple and offer an all-in-one single price tariff as this is often more suitable for their business model.
- For our larger customers, we recognise that not all customers take payments in the same way. Some take more payments from personal debit cards and others take more payments from commercial credit cards, each of which, are charged differently. We use different price categories to group similar transactions together so that we can charge our customers prices that are more tailored to their business.
- We do not have any hidden or premium charges.
- We do not charge fees for processing refunds, providing next day settlement services, nor for using our portal which helps you to track your sales and manage your business.
How we make our pricing as fair as possible
- We price all customers of a similar size and industry in a similar way to ensure consistency.
- Our pricing is competitive and because of this, we are usually able to save our customers money when they switch to us. When we provide you with your quote, we are also able to provide (at your request and at no additional cost), a detailed fees comparison so that you can see for yourself the difference in pricing between us and your existing card acquirer.
- We are very transparent with our prospective customers about how their quotes are made up. If you are interested in finding out more about our pricing and obtaining a no-obligation quote tailored to your business, please fill in your details here and one of the team will give you call.
Now we’ve given you a flavour, are you interested in finding out more?
Simply fill in your details here and one of the team will give you a call to talk through your business requirements and answer any more questions you may have. No hard selling, just simple pricing, expertly delivered.
This guide has been prepared by Tyl by NatWest for informational purposes only and should not be treated as advice or a recommendation. There may be other considerations relevant to you and your business so you should undertake your own independent research.
Tyl by NatWest makes no representation, warranty, undertaking or assurance (express or implied) with respect to the adequacy, accuracy, completeness, or reasonableness of the information provided.
Tyl by NatWest accepts no liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential losses (in contract, tort or otherwise) arising from the use of the information contained herein. However, this shall not restrict, exclude, or limit any duty or liability to any person under any applicable laws or regulations of any jurisdiction which may not be lawfully disclaimed