Tyl by NatWest Referral Programme terms and conditions
NatWest Tyl: Refer a Friend Programme terms & conditions
Any references to we, us and our in these terms and conditions means National Westminster Bank plc trading as Tyl by NatWest and any references to you and your, means the person shown as the business in the ‘business information’ section of the Tyl by NatWest merchant application form.
1. This "referral programme" is open to you if you are a merchant with an active Tyl by NatWest account ("referrer") and subject to these terms and conditions, refer our acquiring services to a third party merchant (the "referred merchant").
2. You will not be eligible as a referrer under this referral programme if you:
a. have not started transacting using our acquiring services in accordance with the Merchant Terms & Conditions;
b. are in the process of an account closure (whether initiated by you or us); or
c. do not satisfy our other eligibility criteria for this referral programme.
3. In order to participate in the referral programme, we will first send you an email invitation containing a referral code which you can share with your friends and family, and other third party merchants who you know.
4. In order to count as a "successful referral" under this referral programme:
a. The referred merchant must be a merchant which (or who):
i. is eligible to receive acquiring services from us under our merchant eligibility criteria;
ii. is resident in (or in the case of a corporate entity, registered) in the United Kingdom;
iii. has not had an account with us in the previous 12 months from the date on which the referred merchant applies for a Tyl by NatWest account;
iv. we have approved to receive our acquiring service, in accordance with the Merchant Terms and Conditions and our standard account opening process, and who has reached a minimum cumulative transaction value of £100 processed using our acquiring services during the first 3 months after that approval; and
v. has not requested to close their Tyl by NatWest account, and is not in the process of having their Tyl by NatWest account closed by us; and
b. the referred merchant must quote the referral code provided to them by the referrer upon application or via telephone or email within 21 days of their application for a Tyl by NatWest account being approved by us.
5. We cannot advise a referrer whether or not a referred merchant's application for a Tyl by NatWest account has been accepted or not. However, by providing us with a referral code, if you are a referred merchant, then you accept that the referrer may be able to infer this, based on their receipt or non-receipt of their referrer reward.
6. For each successful referral:
a. We will provide, to each of the referrer and referred merchant, a £50 credit to their respective monthly invoice ("reward");
b. we will deduct the referrer's reward from any amounts owed to us by the referrer, and the referred merchant's reward from any amounts owed to us by the referred merchant, and we will pay the value of any remaining reward in cash to the bank account you pay your invoice from under the Merchant Terms & Conditions and we are unable to pay rewards into any other bank account;
c. we will not provide any alternative rewards, and the referral offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offer. You cannot transfer the reward to any third party.
7. We will endeavour to provide the reward to the referrer and the referred merchant automatically and will look to provide this on your next monthly invoice that follows the referral becoming a successful referral.
8. We will only provide one reward per successful referral, even if the referred merchant applies for additional products and services from us or the NatWest group. If the referred merchant has been provided with more than one referral code by different referrers, the referred merchant must choose only one referral code to provide to us, and shall only be entitled to one reward relating to that code. Only the referrer who provided that referral code is then entitled to a reward.
9. Each referrer may share their referral code with as many parties as they would like, but is limited to a maximum of 20 rewards per calendar year ("reward limit"). For every successful referral made over the reward limit, we will continue to provide a reward to the referred merchant and we will notify the referrer that they have reached their reward limit. If you have any queries regarding your reward limit, please contact us via email at [email protected] or telephone on 0345 901 0001.
10. If you provide a referrer or referred merchant's name or details to us in connection with this programme, you confirm that you have that party's permission to do so. You also agree to us using your personal data such as your name and contact details in any communications we may have with a referrer or referred merchant in connection with a referral under this programme. For further information about the types of information we collect and process, please read our full privacy notice provided on the Tyl by NatWest website.
11. We accept no responsibility for, and make no warranty in relation to, the operation of this referral programme, and we do not accept any liability to you for any matter relating to it.
12. We reserve the right to withhold, or require repayment of, any reward, or determine that you are not eligible to participate in this referral programme, where:
a. we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions;
b. you are in breach of the Merchant Terms and Conditions;
c. this referral programme is being abused or used illegally;
d. this referral programme is being used in a manner which may cause reputational damage to us; or
e. for any other reason we consider relevant, acting reasonably.
Any decision we take in relation to the referral programme, or eligibility for any reward, is final, and we will not enter into any correspondence in relation to it. If we do require repayment of any reward(s) in accordance with this clause, the amount you must then repay to us will be recovered from you as a sum payable in accordance with your Merchant Terms & Conditions.
13. At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to amend, suspend, withdraw or otherwise vary this referral programme, these terms and conditions or the value of the reward at any time, and/or terminate our relationship with you under this referral programme, for any reason without notice.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England