How do I combat Card Not Present (CNP) fraud?
It’s important that you’re careful when you’re taking payments over the phone. If you have any suspicions during the transaction, it’s a good idea to do some further checks before you continue.
There are a number of things you can look out for when you’re taking payments from your customers:
- If they’re not sure of their address details
- If they claim they’ve forgotten some details
- If they use multiple cards after one has been declined
- If they’re making lots of transactions or transactions that are high value
- If they’re buying unusually large quantities
- If they’re buying multiple identical items
- If they give you the right billing address, but then ask for their order to be sent to a different address