Why do I need a privacy notice?
You can set up a privacy notice on your Clover card machine by following the steps below:
1. Log in to your Tyl by NatWest portal.
2. Under ‘Services’, launch the ‘Clover - Advanced Settings’ for your location(s).
3. Under ‘Setup’ > ‘Business Information’, scroll down to the ‘Privacy’ section.
Why do I need to do this?
Some apps on your Clover card machine allow you to store and use your customers’ data, which means that you’re processing customer data as a data controller under data protection law.
As a data controller, you’re responsible for the ways in which your customers’ data is collected and used. You’re also responsible for making that any data processed complies with data protection law and that you're transparent about that processing.
You need to be able to let your customers know:
• Who’s collecting the data?
• What data's being collected?
• What’s the legal basis for processing the data?
• Will the data be shared with any third parties?
• How will the information be used?
• How long will the data be stored for?
• What rights does the data subject have?
• How can the data subject raise a complaint?
You can share this information with your customers using a privacy notice.
As data controller, and under your Clover terms of service, you’re responsible for making sure your business complies with privacy law. If you don’t comply, you could be penalised or fined by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
It’s up to you if and how you provide a privacy notice to your customers and what you say in it. This is your responsibility under privacy law, and we can’t advise you on it. You should use your own content, edit the sample we’ve provided, or satisfy yourself that the sample notice meets your needs.
If you’re going to use data taken from email e-receipts, you'll need to be clear in your privacy notice why you're using that data.