What do I do if my card machine appears unresponsive?
If your card machine appears unresponsive, most of the time this can be resolved by following steps 1 and 2 below.
- First make sure your card machine is not resting in its charging cradle, then hold down the power button for 60 seconds, or until the Clover logo appears
- If the Clover logo appears on screen, release the power button and wait for your card machine to boot up as usual
If the Clover logo does not appear after following the above steps, follow the steps below
- Put the card machine back in its charging cradle and hold down the power button for another 60 seconds, or until the Clover logo appears. If the Clover logo now appears, release the power button and wait for your card machine to boot up as usual
- If the logo it still not appearing, but you can see a battery icon appear instead, leave your card machine in the charging cradle for between 10 and 30 seconds then repeat step 3 again
In the unlikely event that you didn’t see anything appear on screen after following the steps above, try to locate a USB charger (type C; which is the type that is used for most current Android phones) continue with the steps below. If you don’t have access to a USB type C charger, or following the below doesn’t work, please give us a call and we’ll help you with what to do next.
- Remove your card machine from the charging cradle and plug your USB type C charger into the charging point at the back of your card machine
- Press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds. If the Clover logo appears, release the power button and wait for your card machine to boot up
- If the logo does not appear, hold the power button down for a total of two minutes. When the logo appears, release the power button and wait for your card machine to boot up